Total Time: 50mins
A delicious side dish packed full of flavor!
1 Cup Genesis Grains Rice
1 Small Can Ortega Chiles, diced
1/2 lb Jack Cheese
2 Cups Sour Cream
4 Tbs Butter
Salt & Pepper to taste
Cook rice according to directions on package. To the cooked rice add chiles, grated cheese, and sour cream. Add salt & pepper. Butter casserole, put rice mixture in casserole, sprinkle cheese on top. Dot with butter.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes
Microwave instructions: 8 minutes on full power, covered with plastic wrap
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 6 oz Italian sausage, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 EACH red AND green bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 tspTomato Paste
- 3 coves garlic. minced
- 3 cups cooked Genesis Grains medium CalRose rice
- Salt and Pepper
- In deep skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add sausage and cook until no longer pink; drain. add onion, bell peppers and tomato; cook until vegetables are tender. Add tomato paste and garlic; stir to coat.
- Add rice previously prepared rice; stir to coat. Cover and simmer until eated throught, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; season to taste. Fluff rice with fork before serving.
Per serving: 357 calories, 42g carbohydrate, 1g protein, 1g fiber, 16g fat, 24mg cholesterol, 365mg sodium